For every Android user, rooting a phone or tablet is very essential as this gives them full control of their device. Rooting gives android users access to their device's internal system to manipulate it according to their needs. They say rooting your device is like having a key to the heart of your device.
This tutorial is for newbie level thus, very easy! The guide is very direct, detailed and safe. Just comment below if you get stuck somewhere. This rooting process is for all branded and cloned phones and tablets as this tutorial uses a universal rooting tool. At the end of the process, your device will not be restored to factory mode. You can have your phone or tab like what it used to be before the rooting began, only with one app added.
Advantages of Rooting
Installation of Custom ROMs - Do not limit your phone or tablet's hardware to it's boxed theme, performance and functions. You can unleash the full potential of your gadget's hardware according to your needs! There's so many ROMs and tweaks out there that you can use and will surely make your gadget browse and respond faster, work to it's maximum potential and customize the UI to your liking.
Upgrade/Downgrade Android Version - With rooting capability, you can easily upgrade or downgrade your Android version to suit your everyday needs.
Usage of Apps Exclusive for Rooted Phones/Tablets - There are a lot of tweaks and apps available only for rooted ones that can push your gadget's ability to its maximum potential.
Memory Partition/Expansion - You can partition and swap the internal and external memory of your gadget.
Recovery Mode - There will be times that your system will be messed up and you can revive/restore it easily in a custom recovery mode.
Boost Performance and Speed - Well, this will depend on the tweaks that you will use so you have to choose properly. Once your tab/phone is rooted, you are provided with a vast selection of tweaks and optimization that will make your gadget improve its performance and speed.
Disadvantage of Rooting
Warranty is Voided - Once you root your device, your phone/tablet's warranty will be void. But I can help you to unroot your device with another tutorial.
Disclaimer: I am not responsible to any unwanted result that may occur during or after the process. But I can assure you that I had tried this method already and it worked for my Huawei G510 as well as my Cherry Mobile Odyssey.
Unrooted Phone or Tablet
Laptop or Computer
USB Connector of Your Phone or Tablet
A. SuperUser Installation
Download and the SuperUser App in your phone or tablet. Don't worry about the notice of missing binaries, this appears because your phone is not rooted yet.
B. Driver Installation - Do this only if your phone or tablet is not recognized in your computer.
1. Download and the Driver Files (Mirror) to your desktop.
2. In your phone or tablet, go to Settings} Developer Option} Click Enable USB Debugging. If you cannot find the Developer Options, Click About} Tap Build Number for 7 times, you will see the Android icon animation to validate the enabling.
3. Connect your Android gadget to your laptop or computer using the USB Connector. A pop-up window will appear asking for driver support. Just click NEXT button and locate the driver folder that you have extracted earlier and Click OK.
4. Wait for the process to complete.
C. Rooting Your Device - The tool is in Chinese Language, bear with it as I will guide you with what to click.
1. Download and extract the Rooting Tool (Alternate Link) and install it in your Computer by clicking the Next Button until the end of the setup process.
2. Open the Tool (Run as Administrator if it Asked for Admin Privileges). Wait for the green progress bar to completely load.
Then Click the GREEN Button at the bottom right side to start the rooting process.
3. Always remember to click the GREEN Button if there are pop-up windows that will appear during the process. No harm with those. Wait for the rooting process to complete.
4. Uninstall the Chinese SuperSU installed during the process in your phone or tablet. It is not advisable to have two SUs in a device, retain the SuperUser we have installed in the earlier part.
5. Unplug your device from the USB connector and if rooting was successful through a ROOT App (you can download it from Google Play for FREE).
6. Rooting Done. Uninstall the Rooting Tool from your desktop if you will not use it in the future.
Congrats, you have unleashed the limitations of your device! Yeah!
Head now to look for some tweaks and ROMs specific for your gadget.